[78-L] Jamming [was Double turntable turns 60 next week]

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Mar 21 17:38:09 PDT 2012

On 3/21/2012 7:42 PM, Julian Vein wrote:
> On 21/03/12 23:19, Michael Biel wrote:
>> The photos were very interesting because I visited a transmission site
>> in the Eastern edge of Moscow in 1995 that is rumored to have been a
>> jamming facility. ... The station owner insisted that the jamming
>> legend was not true.  Mike Biel
> What legend?
>
>        Julian Vein

The legend that this site had been a jamming station.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

  It then was the site of many local entertainment
stations, including an FM station which had four hours of English
programming in the morning and then in the evening. The evening DJ was
Vasili Strelnikov who had been the first rock DJ on Radio Moscow in
the Gorbachov years.