[78-L] film clip of acoustical recording >>

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Mon Mar 19 09:41:43 PDT 2012

Just an OT comment. This was Lauritz Melchior, perhaps the greatest
Wagnerian tenor ever, who along with Robert Merrill was banished from the
Metropolitan opera by that A...H.... Metropolitan Opera's General Manager
Rudolf Bing. Merrill for having the gall to appear in a Hollywood film and I
believe Melchior for the same reason.
Al S.