[78-L] film clip of acoustical recording

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 08:37:17 PDT 2012

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/culture/stephenhough/100061612/his-masters-voice-horn-wax-and-needle/

I don't know what movie this is, someone please tell me, but it is one
hilarious depiction of the acoustic recording process. I remember seeing
it on late night TV when I was a child. I remember the part about the
dog specifically.

The dog jumps up on the table and someone remarks "His Master's Voice"

"Just a few minnits in the acid and you can hear the record".

Melchior, that part is real.

And those phoney mustaches! Hey, is that Toscanini in the middle foto?

Why are classical musicians always depicted like this in earlier films?

Thanks to Stephen Hough, a real classical musician and one of the finest
pianists alive today, for posting this.
--
Joe Salerno