[78-L] Very western sounding Japanese dance band

Benno Häupl goldenbough at arcor.de
Sun Mar 18 06:40:09 PDT 2012

.
As a collector of ethnic traditional music from around the world, I come
across such dance band discs every once in a while. And indeed, there
were great dance bands in countries like Thailand, South Africa, Persia...

Is there a re-issue CD somewhere with a collection of the best dance
band recordings from non-US and non-Western European countries?
If not, it's about time somebody took care of this. I could supply a few
outstanding tracks.

Benno
.