[78-L] Mercury Labels discography

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Mar 13 16:33:42 PDT 2012

On 3/13/2012 7:26 PM, Julian Vein wrote:
> On 13/03/12 22:36, Thomas Stern wrote:
>>     I lucked into a set of the Mecury Labels discography (5 vols, Greenwood Press) as a library discard.
>>     IS there anyplace where corrections and additions to this listing are available? or any other of the Greenwood discographical
>> series?
>> Thanks!
>> Best wishes, Thomas.

>> There's an online version at http://www.jazzdisco.org/
> Can't say how closely it matches the printed version.
>
>        Julian Vein
A lot cheaper, for sure. But pretty limited..Thomas, you'll be getting all
sorts of requests from me for MG 50000 and SR 90000 information. Which of
course probably won't be in there because Mr. Ruppli doesn't deal much with
classical.

I have the MGM, Columbia, Decca and Brunswick sets plus Spottswood and OKeh but
never got the Mercury series. The only place I knew that had the complete set
was the Belfer Lab, Syracuse, and that was when Sue Stinson  was there and had
the time to look things up. And Alan Bunting has Volume 1.