[78-L] Marche Slav

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Sat Mar 10 11:47:20 PST 2012

dl wrote:

Rodzinski's Marche Slav is missing a chunk between the two sides that made a proper
join impossible.

The recording I had as a kid by Fiedler and the Boston P.O. also had a cut, (probably the same one), between the sides;  the passage which was cut actually occurs twice in the piece and it was cut both times - obviously I didn't know it was a cut until many years later when I heard another version of it on LP.  I don't think the cut was to enable it to fit on two sides because there's lots of spiral on both sides and the cut isn't that long so it would easily have fit.

db