[78-L] Question about Kress/Mottola Capitol sides

Scott scott at mosaicrecords.com
Thu Mar 8 08:50:01 PST 2012

Hi Doug!

Back in 1997 we released a 19 LP/12 CD set called Classic Capitol Jazz
Sessions and in it we had those Kress/Mottola Capitols. 5 titles were
rejected and neither the parts nor lacquer exist. However, two titles not
originally issued on the EP or the 10" LP were found: "There's A Small
Hotel" and "I May Be Wrong". Malcolm Addey and Jay Ranellucci did the
transfers and can't recall if they did any pitch correction - I'll have to
dig those out at home and give a listen.

Scott Wenzel
Mosaic Records