[78-L] Songs on 78 specifically about Los Angeles?

Bill McClung bmcclung78 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 17:01:55 PST 2012

Andrea,

Here's a few more.

Central Avenue Blues/Pee Wee Crayton/Modern 20-0643
Blues on Central Avenue/Joe Turner with Freddie Slack Trio/Coral 65004
Both of these use Central Avenue as a setting.

Leguna Leap/Herbie Haymer with Nat Cole, Charlie Shavers, Buddy
Rich/Monarch 504 & Sunset 7561
Central Avenue Boogie/Slim Gaillard/Queen 4105
Both of these are instrumentals but using these may give you style points.

And one of my favorite Slim Gaillard 78s
Laguna/Melodisc 1012 & Bee-Bee 101
Sings of seagulls and swan dives-aroony and lying in the sun and having
fun.  Check it out.