[78-L] Clueless seller

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Sat Mar 3 08:46:07 PST 2012

DB..where did you get the idea that I thought this was overpriced? I very
clearly said I thought it was a helluva starter collection and Mike Biel agreed.

dl

You're right!  Sorry about that!!  I should have read your comments more closely.  I just wanted to take issue with Robert Bratcher's assessment of this seller, I think he's offering good value for his asking price if these records are in good condition;  I believe someone who wants $99,000 for a Sargent "Messiah" is clueless, but there are a lot of strange collectors out there and if just one with money to burn thinks this is a good deal, then the laugh's on us!

I never know whether Dr. Biel is agreeing with you or me when he's "agreeing with David", but I guess in this case he was agreeing with both of us.

Just seeing the photograph, I would be tempted to go and relieve this seller of his boxes but if, as Mr. Bratcher says, these records are in Colorado, (are Canadians supposed to spell this "Colourado"?), it's too much of a drive from Toronto, (like Robert, I have driven many miles to pick up collections - invariably covered with Mr. Lennick's fingerprints - but I don't fly anywhere except under heavy duress).  I have also been the beneficiary of Kurt Nauck's generosity - my wife is very thankful that he is a person to whom  I don't live any closer.

db