[78-L] eBay Packing Standards

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 3 07:41:33 PST 2012

Even with the most careful packing, an accident can occur. I've been selling
since last year and have had two items arrive broken. In one case, the item was
sent to a third party and it was broken by the time it was relayed overseas (to
Iceland!) and the buyer still left positive feedback and assured me that the
original packing had been good. Another single disc arrived in two pieces (the
only time this has occurred) and I told the buyer to make an insurance claim.
"Too much hassle..you owe me one" he said. Okay, sure, I'm going to make good
on something for which I paid insurance (I always do that since I allow for it
in the shipping fee I charge) but the buyer doesn't want to be bothered.

And then there's the guy who bid the minimum and won a record and tried to
remove a label sticker by blow-drying it with a hair dryer and caused the small
crack (described in the listing) to spread and wants to know if I'll give him a
partial refund. If he wonders why I haven't responded, it's because I'm still
rolling on the floor from that one.

dl