[78-L] Clueless classical 78 rpm seller

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Mar 2 21:28:57 PST 2012

I agree with David that this IS a helluva collection for someone at that
price no matter what Robert says.   Just because he was able to get a
mammoth collection from Kurt -- there might have been other advanced
classical collectors who might have looked down their noses at THAT
purchase just like you are looking down at this.   If there IS a young
collector here that might want to augment or break into classical
collecting, this is potentially a great start.   Don't let Robert's
negativity scare you off.

  The fact that there  will always be a lot of dupes in large classical
78 album collections is why no archive takes them like this.  There were
less than 3,000 classical 78 albums ever issued.  Although it is hard to
tell when the spines are not visible, I only see two or three albums
which pre-date the 1940 price drop.  The scroll and Royal Blues are
probably not here, but most classical collections are like this.  But
for a starter, this is great for 300 bucks if you are in the "neighborhood".

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com