[78-L] largest record collection (in Pittsburgh)

Anthony G Pavick pavukanton at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 13:05:19 PST 2012

At 20:21 02/03/2012, Peter Schow rote:
>An alternative view on Paul Mawhinney's situation, not to say
>that they it is right or wrong:
>
>    http://captainwrong.blogspot.com/2008/08/tear-for-paul-mawhinney.html
>
>The comments are interesting, too.

Finally someone else has had the guts to expose this shyster.
Basically Mawhinney got what he got by hoarding promos and stuff that
he bought wholesale. Of course he has a massive collection. He kept
at least 1 of everything that ever came in. Unlike the rest of us, I
doubt that he ever paid full retail for any of them. Value by volume simply

The guy was (and still is) pretty much despised around Pittsburgh as
being a legend in his own mind.

I also wonder what the RIAA thinks of the statement in the article:

--quote--
Of course, I also noticed in researching Mawhinney that one common
comment among people who visited his shop was that if he'd actually
sold people records instead of insisting the dozens of copies of a
title they had on the shelf were too precious to part with and
offering a $50 CD-R instead, he probably wouldn't be sitting on
millions of records he can't move now.
--unquote--

Sun, sea and piracy!