[78-L] Help on Elvis Presley rare recordings of radio programs

Luca Fabris plcpf at tin.it
Wed Feb 29 20:59:19 PST 2012

My name is Fabris G.Luca,46 years old,Italy.Got your name and address
from kind Mr.Les Leverett who told me you might help.

I'm an Elvis Presley researcher expecially on the early days.
Mainly all these researches are in relation to a book/CD project for the
Elvis fan club network I've been asked to help.It's a 3/4 Cd 200 pages
book about Elvis stay at SUN records done by Ernst Jorgensen which I'm
now helping detailing the period from July of 1954 through the end of
1955 and first months of 1956.Ernst is SONY chief at Elvis music archive.
The book will consist of more than 400 early photos - half of them
previously unpublished. It's not an attempt of once again write the
story of Elvis Presley, but more a collection of information, photos,
memorabilia and stories shared by fans who where there at the time. The
book will not deal in gossip or other unpleasant material it's all about
the innocence of the time and the impact of Elvis' music.
We are trying to document every single show Elvis did, and we have come
fairly close. So I'm looking for photos,recordings from Louisiana
Hayride or Opry,or any live radio gig or interview .... ANYTHING IS
WELCOME FROM THE 50s!!

**
The main reason to contact you is to know if in your files
you've some 16" END series AFRTS produced by USA AFRTS radio during 50s to
transmit live for American Forces - Navy included.

On particular END series AFRTS produced discs on radio programs such as
Saturday Night
Country Style (Ref END 536) who transmitted portions of Hayride,Big D
Jamboree,Virginia Barndance and others
and Louisiana Hayride only (Ref END 658).
We know for sure many were produced (more than 969 on Hayride) but I'd like
to know if someone of you have lists of songs or broadcasts,if you've tapes
or metal stampers in your archives.Even 16" discs.....Anything is welcome.

*Would you like to help us?

Your help,anyone's help is welcome!

Write soon I hope this is not too much of an intrusion.

Sincerely yours

Fabris G.Luca Elvis Researcher ***

*e-mail : plcpf at tin.it*