[78-L] Davy Jones dies

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Feb 29 12:22:25 PST 2012

Interesting comment (not mine) from a local list..

--It's been one of the top-of-the-hour stories on Newstalk 1010 and nobody in
the newsroom bothered to do ANY research whatsoever as they continued to play
"Last Train To Clarksville" as their musical lead in to the story, which is not
Davy Jones, but Mickey Dolenz on lead voice.
I tested a theory and it took me no more than 20 seconds to Google Monkees Davy
Jones lead vocals songs.

It wasn't just Newstalk 1010, just about every story on Google has Davy listed
as the lead singer of The Monkees.

Bloomberg even used this opening line "...Davy Jones, the accidental pop-music
star who gave voice to songs such as “I'm A Believer" and “Pleasant Valley
Sunday'' as lead singer of the made-for-television band, The Monkees..."
Those two songs were sung by Micky Dolenz.

DOESN'T ANYONE DO RESEARCH ANYMORE??????? (It's a rhetorical question and does
not need a reply because of course, no one does research anymore).--