[78-L] Davy Jones dies

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Feb 29 12:02:34 PST 2012

By the way, I have never owned or played or heard a Monkees record in my life,
nor seen their tv shows. Total other world to me..I was in easy listening FM
when they emerged. The songs turned up in other versions of course, done by
people like Neil Diamond (who wrote I'm a Believer) and Anne Murray and a half
decent album of instrumental arrangements by The Living Strings, but their
career was remarkably short. Not one top ten hit after March 1968. Hell,
nothing higher than 51 between then and June '70.

dl