[78-L] Songs about records, especially 78 rpm records?

Dennis Flannigan dennis.flannigan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 15:50:11 PST 2012

Reprise. A refinement on my own request. Serendipity, or luck, found "Hitch
Your Wagon," by the 4-Star-5 (Zutty Singleton, drums; Red Callender, bass;
Charlie Davis, piano; Gus Bivona, clarinet, and Lucky Leonard, gtr.

One of those random records you pick up for the label, in this case,
4-Star. However, "Hitch You Wagon," is about 4-Star label records. Hitch
your wagon to a 4-Star recording. Perhaps aimed at disc jockeys, I'm
unsure. But a nice, not easily identified by title addition. Singing by
Gloria Woods and Slim Coates. Written by Coates.

So, any additional label specific records? Somewhere, a tribute to Decca
comes to mind, but don't remember the recording right now.
df