[78-L] 1961 78

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Tue Feb 21 11:51:40 PST 2012

Indeed. A rather scarce label. The highest nr I have seen is:
PH-50-1 incl. Wonderland by Night / Are You Lonesome Tonight /  Exodus / Gonzo / +2.
Some labels mention Waldorf Record Corp. Harrison, N.J.
And yes, on TH-16-1 Enoch Light plays Raunchy.
Same label type as "18 Top Hits" (apparently issued in sets of 3 78s).
Did these labels also issue 45s?

Labels not mentioned by Gart (only Waldorf).
han enderman
===
>>> Well, this IS late for a US 78..TOP HIT TUNES PH-70-3 (presumably part of a
set), 3 tracks per side, microgroove. I FEEL SO BAD/EVERY BEAT OF MY
HEART/LITTLE DEVIL/MOODY RIVER/HALFWAY TO PARADISE/LITTLE EGYPT. All 1961 hits.

dl
<<<