[78-L] Top ten instrumental?

Ray Kilcoyne kil at roadrunner.com
Mon Feb 20 17:41:25 PST 2012

No, GREEN ONIONS definitely was 1962.  But I would scratch GONNA FLY NOW
which is filled with vocal choruses.  Still not a bad list, however, as you
observed.
RayK

From: Rjholtin
Fewer than that when you take out the errors.  Millers Moonlight Cocktail
suffers from a vocal chorus and Booker T's Green Onions was 1972 not 1962.
I assume there are other mistakes as well, but this list is cleaner than the
one on Wkipedia, anyway

Sent from my iPod

David Lennick wrote:

Here's a list of the top ones from 1940..surprisingly, there seem to be only
45
#1s.
http://www.squidoo.com/alltimetop100instrumentalsongs

dl

jeffrey smedbron wrote:
The last charting instrumental I can think of off hand was the Chariots of
Fire Theme.