[78-L] questions about blue shellac

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 11:57:01 PST 2012

How is shellac made blue? A dye of some kind I presume...same as making
it black.

Why blue? A response to Victor and its obsession about red seals and
such? Inspired by Blue Amberol cylinders?

Who besides Columbia made blue shellac records?

And most important, does it sound different? (I think not). Anyone claim
they can hear a difference between blue and black shellac (or any other
color?) Anyone done a double blind test?

Any other colors for shellac besides black, blue, splash and clay?
--
Joe Salerno