[78-L] Artist Records UA1005 Bolero Movie

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Feb 16 14:52:20 PST 2012

No connection with United Artist (a 40s label) or United Artists (a 50s and
onward label), but that was an interesting Los Angeles company in the late 40s,
whose main artist was conductor Werner Janssen. Not sure if he was one of the
owners. A lot of their masters were sold to Capitol in the early 50s.

Now I'm curious about that title, since there was never a movie titled "Bolero"
from United Artists as far as I can determine..the 1934 film with George Raft
was for Paramount. And yet the matrix numbers begin with the prefix UA. Artist
matrix numbers like those on 4 American Landscapes or The Genesis Suite begin
with JS.

dl