[78-L] early days of KPRC

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Feb 16 13:57:53 PST 2012

A lot of early Columbia lps were just rushed onto the market, and most of them
had been dubbed direct from 33RPM lacquer originals without a tape master. The
EQ is all over the road and many discs suffer from stamper stretch or noisy end
grooves. Victor didn't produce an lp till 1950 although the low numbered discs
all have D9 matrix numbers, so at least they were working on having a library
when they finally started issuing lps. Some early Londons are absolute horrors.

dl