[78-L] Haydn Symphonies

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Thu Feb 16 12:33:20 PST 2012

There is a G major sym on p.278 of WERM, and elsewhere, 'doubtful, prob. by
Gyrowetz.'  Brussels/Defauw, Columbia & Odeon nos.  If it doesn't have to be Toscanini,,,,

Mike in Plovdiv

There are a number of G Major Symphonies by Haydn, 3, 8, 18, 23, 27, 47, 54, 81, 88, 92, 94, (no surprise there), and 100,  (and I hope I've convinced you all that I have all of the Haydn Symphony keys memorized!).  Toscanini was only brought into the mix because the album referred to in the original question was a Symphony No. 13 in G Major by Toscanini and the NBC.

db