[78-L] Another drug death?

Ken Matheson kenmath at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 09:44:04 PST 2012

I doubt if there are two people out there that like all the same songs, singers, or musicians even classical music people. One thing about collecting old records you can hear some very good music that you would never have heard if not from old records. What kind of music we like, what cloths we buy, and if we use drugs is a lot of times determined by our peer group in High School, and Jr. Hi.

We will miss Michel Jackson, Whitney Houston, and Big Al to name a couple who died of drugs. People with lots of money, limited interests, no goals,  and no hobbies seem to be susceptible to drugs more than other people. With our borders being so pores parts of Mexico and the US are unusable to our citizens due to the drug cartels. Political correctness should be thrown aside and the problem attacked.

Kristjan,
I don’t think WH ever recorded on 78s. so keep your vinyl players. There may be some 45s. You will find the dynamics of most 45s, and many LPs will match the 78s and are easier to restore (less noise).

People don’t respect  45s, just as they did not used to respect 78s. Many people now have the impression that 78s are old so they must be valuable.