[78-L] The Blues Woman

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 12 14:42:57 PST 2012

What do we know about Marion Abernathy, aka The Blues woman? I just picked this
up today..Juke Box 502, first Juke Box pressing I've ever seen that didn't have
a million cracks or other defects. Looks as if it was cut and pressed by
Capitol (or Radio Recorders and Allied) instead of the usual cheapo Joe Davis
cronies.
Allen Durham (tb) Buddy Banks (ts) Eddie Beal (p) Frosty Pyles (g) Ernie
Shepard (b) Monk McFay (d) Marion Abernathy (vcl)
1945
     Voo-it voo-t    Juke Box 502
     Cryin' blues            -

Many of her other sessions with Buddy Banks, Bob Mosely and Karl George are in
Los Angeles so is the above one likely recorded there as well? Lord 7.0 doesn't
say (my subscription to Lord Online has expired so I'm back with the old CD-ROM
version). She's identified only as The Blues Woman on the Juke Box labels..how
come?