[78-L] There is no 45 rpm RCA 45-0000 record. I goofed.

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Thu Feb 9 13:34:27 PST 2012

Greetings from FixitLand!

Dennis Flannigan wrote:

> Thank you Michael and David for pointing out the record is a 78 rpm
> recording. Because it reads 45, does not mean it plays at 45. Not
> wanting
> to screw up a microgroove, I didn't play it. Well, now that I have, I
> welcome the RCA 45-0000 series to my library, if not my heart.

The reason RCA numbered pop 45s in a 47-xxxx series is that the
45-0xxx numbers were already in use (the Double Feature series at
first, later the 45-5xxx kiddie records). For some oddball reason the
45s start at 47-2700 (or so). But that's Victor for ya.

Laterz,

Joe
--
"If cats seem distant and aloof, it is because this is not their
native planet--they are here just to visit and dominate."--Hank Roll