[78-L] Concrete Pathes

Anthony G Pavick pavukanton at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 09:03:17 PST 2012

In the Pathe thread, I made mention of and linked to the 'concrete'
Pathe disks.

 From what I have been able to tell, they are essentially a round
piece of cement that has been laminated/ wax coated, and have a paper
label stuck on one side. That's about all I know about them, though.

So -- questions:

Why cement? Surely to make a rudimentary somewhat sturdy disk, I'd
have thought that something else would be used like maybe wood? Hmmm
-- were any disks ever made with a wooden core?

Also --

How thick were they? How much did they weigh?