[78-L] 20" Pathe, yours for only 5 grand!

bruce78rpm at comcast.net bruce78rpm at comcast.net
Tue Feb 7 07:27:31 PST 2012

These 16" Vertical Groove Pathe records were from the early 1920's, designed to play at very high speed (120 rpm) I believe, and thus create the louder sound necessary to play in dance halls, or large auditoriums. They were advertised to play only on a Pathe Concert Actuelle Phonograph. I have only seen photos of a Concert Actuelle Phonograph, but I have heard that there is actually one that exists and owned by someone in the New York area. You can also play these records on a more modern Transcription Turntable.

Bruce