[78-L] New Fienstein American Songbook series

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 5 14:39:47 PST 2012

As I've discovered, even renting a DVD is getting to be a problem, and I'm in a
city of about 150,000. One of the major rental sources folded up (Blockbuster)
and the other closed all but one of its locations, which is 5 miles from me
(Rogers). Last week we wanted to see "Midnight in Paris". Rotsa ruck. It was
out of stock in the Rogers store, rented in the little machine in the A&P
(which, by the way, may only charge you $2 for the rental but which debits your
credit card $30 because it assumes you're going to steal the video). We finally
found a good independent store not far away which has a great selection and
still has VHS on the shelves. And by the way, we both absolutely HATED the
movie. Hated it. Did I mention that we hated it? Kathy Bates was okay.

Incidentally, I now look closely at the VHS tapes in every thrift store, since
they're usually a buck. I've picked up several unused blanks lately, as well as
movies I have no problem paying $1 for like "The Muse" which turned out to be
widescreen and a screener copy.

Midnight in paris? Hated it.

dl