[78-L] pile of ancient discs

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 3 22:10:26 PST 2012

This would predate the V-Discs, which were almost always made of vinyl except
for Columbia's pressings (and I've seen some Columbia vinyl VDs as well, but
not many). There was definitely a program to reclaim old records. I have a
Bluebird catalog which asks you to bring an old record to the store every time
you buy a new one, and get a few cents back, and also not to bring in any
laminated records. The regrind was necessary because a crucial ingredient in
shellac was unavailable due to Japanese blockade.

dl