[78-L] First country recording?

Malcolm - Venerable Music malcolm at venerablemusic.com
Tue Jan 31 11:18:37 PST 2012

Wow, unbelievably I just came across one of these Barton sides in a stack of
stuff I was listing for the next auction cycle!
Just a strange coincidence so I went ahead and scanned the label here -
http://www.venerableradio.com/VICT_16303B.jpg

I ran a quick mp3 of the side (Lena) here -
http://www.venerableradio.com/uploads/Lena.mp3

I suppose it does bear a slight resemblance to Jimmie Rodgers and what would
later be called Country, but I'd have a hard time calling it Country without
feeling like I'm stretching.

If anyone is interested in the record, it'll be on the list that starts in
mid February.

Malcolm

Venerable Music - http://www.venerablemusic.com
Venerable Radio - http://www.venerableradio.com