[78-L] First country recording?

Gregg Kimball gdkimball at cox.net
Mon Jan 30 16:08:03 PST 2012

Dave, that's interesting to this Kimball not only because of the namesake
fiddler but also the connection to Elizabeth Burchenal.  We have a number of
photographs of her in our collection at the Library of Virginia.  She
attended and documented the White Top Folk Festival (1931-1939) here in
Virginia.  One photo shows her filming a dancer.  Do you know if the UNH
collection of American Country Dance Society material has film, and, if so,
have you seen it?

Gregg Kimball