[78-L] Robeson & Dalhart question

Rockined1 rockined1 at aol.com
Fri Jan 27 04:07:29 PST 2012

well we do suspect Venuti of singing "Barnacle Bill the S***Head !!'  LOL

My fave Carson record is actually his last   The Rockabilly grandma one on MGM  but I also like the HItler/Tojo/Mussolini paroies on BLUEBIRD

I would also have to nominate another favorite as the Hoagy Carmichael record
featuring Bix) of “Barnacle Bill the Sailor,” for which the usual jazz
iscographies indicate the vocal of the fair young maiden and Barnacle Bill are
oagy or Venuti, or vice versa, but it is my belief after hearing many other
obisons that it is he singing both parts.