[78-L] Varsity Four

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Sat Jan 21 11:49:39 PST 2012

Speaking of The Varsity Four, does anyone have these three records -
(US/Aus issues) Br 3843, 3918, 4075 - in their collection(s)? I need
confirmation of what instrument Andy Sannella is playing on each of the
6 sides. I suspect that even though Ross Laird as well as Johnson &
Shirley list him as playing clarinet, alto sax and steel guitar, that
there are no steel guitar solos on any of them.
This is one of those long running loose ends in my Hawaiian discog.
Thanks in advance,
Malcolm R

*******