[78-L] MG lays claim to 1902 recording (David Lennick)

Steve Williams jazzhunter at collector.org
Thu Jan 19 17:18:12 PST 2012

I posted an Oscar Celestin (Columbia 14200) to YouTube: first I got the
standard Orchard Music copyright message, THEN I got a threatening letter
requiring me to remove it voluntarily due to copyright violation, or I would
get a black mark.  I guess therefore that anyone can go to BestBuy and buy
Celestin's "I'm satisfied You Love Me" thus I'm denying Sony etc. Thousands
of dollars in sales.  .....  I'm betting it was the Bee Gees song or some
such, because I sent an explanatory Email to YouTube and they retracted the
second violation.

Steve Williams