[78-L] GoDigital MG lays claim to 1902 recording.

bruce78rpm at comcast.net bruce78rpm at comcast.net
Wed Jan 18 10:43:50 PST 2012

Ok, I just put up a video containing a record from 1902 !! Can someone please explain to me why something this very early has been challenged by someone ? I just received the following notice from Youtube. I thought there was a time limitation on these early recordings.

Your video, Habanera from Carmen by Bizet - Emma Calve - 1902 Gramophone & Typewriter Co. Record , may have content that is owned or licensed by GoDigital MG For a Third Party.

Is this for real ? I have never had anything from this early a date ever challenged. Do I need to go back to the 1800's to avoid this sort of thing ?