[78-L] hoping for advice on selling a collection of Paul Robeson 78s

Graham Newton gn at audio-restoration.com
Mon Jan 16 15:38:41 PST 2012

Paul Christenzen wrote:

> Don't bother with 78c - the gestapo over there will just bounce it as
> wasting bandwidth since it doesn't offer anything for sale.

And David Lennick set him straight, more or less

David Lennick wrote:
> 78-C doesn't bounce messages with links to specific listings or to eBay, or
> inviting potential buyers to see complete lists privately. Long laundry lists
> or extraneous comments may be another story.
>
> Gestapo!?

Paul Christenzen wrote: (he does keep trying, doesn't he!)
> But he has bounced selling related queries that don't contain specific
> items for sale.  And when he finally gets around  to passing the
> gestapo-like censored posting thru, they're sometimes several days late
> - check your rec'd dates with the sent dates on some of nickjay's lists
> - missed several records I've been looking for years  'cause he delayed
> them - cherry-picking time in Georgia...?

Paul... you should try moderating a list like 78-C sometime.  We presently have
almost 1,000 members world-wide.

You are barking up the wrong tree and clearly you have some sort of perceived
axe to grind.  Your repeated "gestapo" and other "cheap-shot" comments are
offensive to a lot of people, uncalled for and only make you look like the
troll you appear to be.

I do not censor posts to 78-C.  A member's post either gets approved as written
or rejected off list and re-submitted after correction by the member, if the
member chooses to do-so.  There is a monthly info message sent to all members
containing posting guidelines for 78-C and if the guidelines are not followed,
messages get rejected.

78-C is NOT FOR RESEARCH AND GENERAL COMMENT... that's what 78-L is for.  78-C
was formed for buying, selling, wants and auction pointers.

A lot of early members are on direct posting to the list although there are a
lot who are moderated including all new members.  You'd be amazed at the spam
and other trash that is blocked that way.

I have a life outside of 78-C and sometimes posts get delayed, not necessarily
by me but sometimes by Yahoo Groups or other misadventure, and I have commented
to the list and posters like nickjay when it happens.

... Graham Newton, 78-C moderator

--
World class professional services applied to tape or phonograph records for
consumers and re-releases, featuring CEDAR's CAMBRIDGE processes.