[78-L] Further questions on RCA/Bluebird 31-0000 series

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Mon Jan 16 09:41:49 PST 2012

Info on the 31-00xx series can be obtained from Billboard Archives.
I just searched the Archives with some of the release nrs (31-0011/12 a.o.) and got numbers of Bb pages.

Albums BN-3 (S.Pacific) & BN-4 are listed among Best-Selling Popular Albums in Bb 1949-09-24 p28.
The Tattlers 31-0011 & Jack Searle 31-0012 should be in Bb 1949-08-06 pT18 (acc. to search results).
I am unable, however, to find a page T18, so what is this ??? [such T pages are often mentioned in searches]
What is on these two records?

I found no results for 31-0015/16, so poss. 31-0014 was the last issue.
31-0001 etc can be found and maybe Dennis Flannigan will do this for us and make the 31-0000 list.
A related question now is: what is on albums BN-1/2 (have never seen a BN album; B from Bluebird?).
My computer becomes very, very slow when searching Billboard and scrolling through the mag issues,
and also I am unable to search within such an issue.
Thus I really dislike Billboard's archives, though there is much interesting info in it.

han enderman
===
>>> 31-0009 is the only one of this series that I have that I know of.
A side  Some Enchanted Evening by Eve Young from South PacificB side  You Can Have Him by Eve Young from Miss Liberty
No reference on the label that it is part of a set.
Glenn