[78-L] I'll Say She Does

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jan 7 14:03:13 PST 2012

On 07/01/12 20:47, DAVID BURNHAM wrote:
> I'm trying to find details of a record in the "American Dance Bands on Record and Film (1915-1942)" but am having no luck.  The record is Columbia A2752, the titles are "I'll Say She Does" and the other side title is obliterated but it may be "Lucille", (Luxxxle).  It is by Wilbur Sweatman's Original Jazz Band.  I guess it's possible this was recorded before 1915.  The last time I posted a problem I was having with this directory one of our posters was able to help me out;  can anyone help me here?.
>
> Thanks!
> db
>  From Lord 10.0:

Wilbur Sweetman's Original Jazz Band:
William Hicks (tp) John Reeves (tb) Wilbur Sweatman (cl,ldr) Dan Parish
(p) Walter Gray (bj) Arnold Ford, Arthur Shaw, Arthur Gray (banjoline)
unknown (d), (same as previous session), someone shouts at the end of
mx. 78373
New York, March 29, 1919
78373-2    I'll say she does (Intro 'n' Everything)    Col A2752
78374-2    Lucille       -
     Lucille (*)    Little Wonder 1169
Note: Little Wonder issued as "Jazz Band".
All titles, except (*), also on Jazz Oracle (Can)BDW8046 [CD].

It's not included in ADBORAF because it's a black  and is covered by
jazz discographers.

      Julian Vein