[78-L] What was #1 the day you were born?

Gregg Kimball gdkimball at cox.net
Sat Jan 7 09:01:51 PST 2012

I wondered that, too.

Wikipedia has a weekly number one listing, but it doesn't quite synch up
with Billboard.  Here is 1955:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_number-one_singles_of_1955_(U.S.)

According to this, the number 1 for the week I was born (August 27-Sept. 2)
was Bill Haley's "Rock Around the Clock," but Billboard has Haley's falling
off the number on position on the 28th, giving way to Mitch Miller's "Yellow
Rose of Texas" for the rest of the week.

Wikipedia purports to be compiling record sales, juke box plays, and radio
play.  Is that what the Billboard list is reporting as well?

Gregg