[78-L] Theatre or Theater?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 5 19:42:44 PST 2012

This stupid country went back to adding extra "u"s a few years ago, to the
point where "humourous" is now considered correct spelling. Not by this boy
(who also will not pronounce "Lieutenant" with an "f" unless someone shows me
where it is).

For what it's worth, every time I type "theatre", Windows' spelcheq underlines
it, indicating that it's not an accepted American spelling. That was always my
understanding. But the magazine was always "Theatre Arts".

dl