[78-L] Cleaning Lacquers.

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Jan 4 15:38:25 PST 2012

On 1/4/2012 6:02 PM, Cary Ginell wrote:
> Will a soft Bounty paper towel be good enough to apply it?
> Or should we use something less abrasive like chamois
> (or even a Sham Wow, if we dare...)?   Cary

Don't use paper towels or toilet paper to clean or dry records.  They
sometimes contain chemicals to whiten them or soften them, and this can
leave residue.  The same holds true of cloth if you put fabric softener
in the drier.  Lint is another problem with both paper and cloth.  The
Sham Wow might be good (especially if you like his nuts) but I've never
tried it.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com