[78-L] No more jukebox

Jeff Lichtman jeff at swazoo.com
Sat Dec 31 09:00:10 PST 2011

I have shut down Swazoo Koolak's Web Jukebox.

I operated the jukebox for over fifteen years. In
that time I offered over a hundred different
versions of the web site with over twelve hundred
recorded sides, all presented a dozen at a time.

Two things contributed to my decision to shut
down the jukebox. First, web statistics showed
that usage had fallen off greatly in its last few
years. Second, maintaining the jukebox just
wasn't as enjoyable for me as it once was ­ over
the site's last year it felt more like an
obligation than a hobby. When I realized that
neither I nor the public was getting much out of
the site I decided it didn't make sense for me to keep providing it.

Thank you to everyone who offered me
encouragement over the years, and to those who
helped me with discographical and technical information.

                        -        Jeff Lichtman
                                 jeff at swazoo.com