[78-L] THREE SISTERS

Ray Kilcoyne kil at roadrunner.com
Wed Dec 28 13:52:25 PST 2011

From: John Wright
Ray, they weren't sisters. I featured the record on my Christmas podcast
last week in which I say,
" That was THE Christmas song of 1936, the BBC Dance Orchestra was directed
by Henry Hall and The Fairy On The Christmas Tree was performed by the Three
Sisters who were Mary Ashworth and two ladies not sisters referred to as
Molly and Marie. We heard a Jimmy Lally music arrangement of the tune
written by Harry Parr-Davies, words by Roma Campbell Hunter".

Thanks John and Kristjan.  I was just playing a copy the other day and
wondered.  When I Googled Three Sisters I found the photo on John's site,
but there were no names, but they certainly did not look like sisters.  Even
with the added information about them, there is very little to be found on
the Internet.  At least now I can correctly mark my copy.
RayK