[78-L] Can anyone recognize or ID this old Christmas greeting?

Rod Brown raudiobrown at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 00:32:20 PST 2011

Holiday greetings to one and all!

Earlier this year, when I found this little toy-sized 78 at an estate sale,
of course I had to buy, digitize, and clean it up. There is no label on the
disc, so I had no idea what I would hear.

I'm guessing this was originally part of a wind-up music box, or a Santa
Claus doll. The record is made of blue plastic, maybe vinyl, about 3.25
inches in diameter, and is thin enough that it is now curling up at the
edges. Step one, just to make the record playable, was to tape said edges
down to the turntable's platter.

I shot a video, now edited down to a little over one and a half minutes,
which shows the record being played into the computer. Lots of scratches
and surface noise is heard throughout. After that, I play a restored
version. I admit I did more noise-reduction than necessary. Bear with me,
please. The main purpose for this video was to make a holiday greeting I
could send to friends and family, and I wanted the voice to be
understandable. I'll go back to being more conservative with the noise
reduction after this, I promise (and of course the flat transfer still
exists).

I hope you enjoy this little blast from somebody's past, and I hope you've
all weathered the holidays happily!

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roOwOhsVbzI&context=C3ab99e4ADOEgsToPDskL7oOc6iXwKvf5yGzPiTEZV

Best,