[78-L] The new Sherlock Holmes film has an Improved Gramophone...

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Dec 26 11:17:01 PST 2011

From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> It has to do with the playing of a record..3 errors in one image. dl

I think everyone in the crowded theater was wondering why Leah and I
were guffawing so hard at what wasn't a joke to any else!  (It was like
when the Indian in Blazing Saddles starts talking Yiddish -- and we were
the only Jews in the theater in the middle of rural Missouri.)  But that
shot goes by so quickly, but we do get to see the phono again to confirm
that yes, we DID see it the first time. I don't think it was a goof, I
think it was an inside joke.

Does your other goof concern the slow burning nitrate film?

And everyone, if you haven't seen The Artist, don't wait for the DVD,
you gotta see it in a CROWDED THEATER.  The audience will add to the
experience.  It will be like it was when seeing a silent film back in
the day.

As for the Sherlick Homes Gramopnone, I saw it in the coming attractions
and was wondering about it.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com