[78-L] Ann Sothern test

John Wright vintage at jabw.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 24 12:02:39 PST 2011

Thanks for responses on this one, yes I suppose it's not a 'test' as such,
but a free preview. So these were issued to radio stations? Well in the UK
in 1934 we only had ONE radio station, the BBC, so that would make the
record very rare indeed :o))
Maybe record shops were sent copies too, and given out free that's why the
label says 'take me hone'.
I'd say it was a UK release as the label says 'gramophone' rather than
'phonograph'. Yeah?
Still a mystery as I don't think we see many of these in Britain.
Hmm says No. 1. Maybe it was the only release of movie preview disc in
Britain?

John