[78-L] Bop Shop losing its lease (it was just right here in the top drawer)

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Dec 23 23:27:57 PST 2011

I would SO love to be there for this sale. Leah and I hit The Bob Shop
when we were in Rochester in Oct for the ARSC Board Mtg., and it is
quite a place.  I think we got well over 50 LPs. The loss of the lease a
few weeks later and the new location were discussed in ARSC-list but not
here because there were only about a hundred 78s in the place!  But
there were a hell of a lot of great LPs there including a whole room of
classical.  They were only starting to sort out the stuff from the St
John Fisher Library, and I bought a bunch of them from the tops of some
of the stacks. In fact, they're still in the car along with most of the
stuff from MANC, the Rochester Music Warehouse, the NJ Mechanical Music
show, WFUV record sale, and the rest of the booty from my recent sojourn
East.  I'm still going thru three months of mail first.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com