[78-L] Ann Sothern test

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Fri Dec 23 14:28:28 PST 2011

I have some of these movie "preview" records,  which I guess were given to
radio stations so they could plug the picture,  whatever it was.   The
oldest one I have is for some movie called "Broadway Babies" with an
announcer and some clips from the Shilkret records of a couple of the tunes
in the movie.  So I guess the movie songs were recorded and issued before
the actual movie was released.

The best one I have is one for The Big Broadcast...Crosby speaks and does a
short version of "Please" and you can sure hear Eddie Lang...different than
anything in the movie itself.

Does anyone know if Warners did similar discs for 42nd Street or any of
their other big early 30s musicals?

Taylor