[78-L] Liner notes

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Mon Dec 19 13:15:35 PST 2011

Thanks, Ted, David & Mike for valuable information about early liner
notes in albums.
 From the examples given I conclude that liner notes were still
exceptions in the early 78 rpm era. Could the same be said for the
1940's? Or did information about songs, artists, composers etc. become
standard any time before the LP era?
I'm also curious about the number of albums released each year, compared
to singles. Capitol, for instance, released about 150 albums during the
May 1945-mid 1949 period (before the LP album) and about 750 singles
during the same period, which makes the album/single ratio about 1/5.
What about other major companies and their popular music series? Anyone
for a guess?
Kristjan