[78-L] Liner notes

Ted Kneebone tkneebone1 at abe.midco.net
Sun Dec 18 12:18:26 PST 2011

Kristian asked about liner notes.  One of the first albums
I bought was Musorgskii's Pictures at an Exhibition,
Koussevitzky/BSO.  It had a leaflet with notes about
the music.  Number was about DM-100, recorded
in 1930.  The CD that was made from it has no liner
notes.  I have my notes since I typed them out before
sending the discs to a friend.
    All the other albums I had in my collection had
notes pasted on the inside front cover:  RCA,
Columbia, Musicraft, Decca. The albums dated in the 1930s and 1940s.
    I gave all but some singles to our local university.
    Ted
Ted Kneebone
1528 S. Grant Street
Aberdeen, SD 57401